Chancellor Carol T. Christ has announced her plans to retire at the end of June 2024. The University of California Office of the President will conduct the search for the next Chancellor at the University of California, Berkeley.
All members of the UC Berkeley community and other members of the public are invited to share their suggestions, feedback, and comments regarding the next Chancellor by emailing the UC Office of the President at email@example.com or by submitting a response to an online form. This online form allows for anonymous responses. Members of the UC Berkeley Community will also have an opportunity to engage during town halls coming this fall.
Search Advisory Committee
The search advisory committee will be involved in recruiting, screening, and conducting interviews with candidates. The committee will participate in listening sessions and town halls with the UC Berkeley community to gain a broad understanding of the needs and requirements for the next Chancellor. Through the search process, they will recommend a pool of candidates for the UC President to select from for final interviews. The final candidate will be recommended to the Board of Regents for consideration and approval, anticipated by May 2024.
The search advisory committee includes:
- Michael V. Drake, M.D., UC President (Committee Chair)
- Richard Leib, Chair, UC Board of Regents
- Carmen Chu, UC Regent
- Jose M. Hernandez, UC Regent
- Lark Park, UC Regent
- John A. Pérez, UC Regent
- Mark Robinson, UC Regent
- James Steintrager, Chair, Systemwide Academic Senate and Professor of English, Comparative Literature and European Languages and Studies, UC Irvine
- Maximilian Auffhammer, Professor of International Sustainable Development, UC Berkeley
- Lisa García Bedolla, Professor of Education, UC Berkeley
David Schaffer, Professor of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, Bioengineering, Molecular and Cell Biology, UC Berkeley
- Rachel Segalman, Professor of Chemical Engineering, Chemistry and Biochemistry, and Materials, UC Santa Barbara
- Bettina Duval, Board Chairperson, UC Berkeley Foundation
- Kirk Tramble, President, Cal Alumni Association
- Jen Brand, UC Berkeley Staff Assembly representative
- Sydney Roberts, President, UC Berkeley Associated Students of the University of California
- McKalee Steen, President, UC Berkeley Graduate Assembly